Join in the FOOD REVOLUTION TODAY!
It’s a big day for all of us who believe in bringing back real food and real cooking. Especially Jamie Oliver, who believes so strongly that he has used his star status and success to organize a day that is being celebrated not just in Britain but all over the world for the second year in a row.
“Jamie Oliver and the Food Revolution Day team want to change the way people eat by giving them the skills and knowledge to cook again, as well as motivating people to stand up for their right to better food. Food Revolution Day aims to educate and inspire people everywhere to cook and enjoy better food and empower them to demand better food standards and improved food education from governments, schools and food manufacturers.” foodrevolutionday.com
Zesty Quinoa Pilaf
- 1/3 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup water or broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño pepper
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Place quinoa in a fine sieve and rinse under cool running water, rubbing the grains with your hand for at least 2 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine 1/2 cup water or broth and quinoa in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet to medium-high. Add the oil and swirl it around to coat pan. Then add the bell pepper, jalapeño, garlic, salt, and pepper to pan; sauté 3-5 minutes to soften the vegetables.
- Stir the cooked vegetables into the cooked quinoa, then add the tomato, cilantro, and lime juice. Toss gently and pour into a serving bowl.